Sunday, May 4, 2008

MayFest

We went to Mayfest today and had so much fun. Thank you Tom, Brenda and Aleck for calling and inviting us to go. Gary stayed at home because he was a little under the weather. He missed a fun time. The girls were really good. I am so excited I got a decent picture of Brooke(with her sticks) and Presley. It is really hard to get them both looking at me and a good photo. I love the expression on Brooke's face. We strolled around and looked at Art Work, listened to a band, saw Elsie the cow and her calf, gathered sticks, and the best part of the day was playing in the sand. It was a huge sand pit and let me tell you ALL the kids were having a blast. I think that was the best part of the day for me to watch my children experience a pile of sand for the first time. When Presley first touched it with her feet she sat down and moved her legs and feet back and forth and was laughing the whole time. It was pure joy for her and my heart was happy to see her precious face. Brooke loved it also but she was more serious at first. She grabbed a cup and a shovel (shovels were provided) and started putting sand in her cup. Aleck was having as much fun as the girls. As you can see from the photos. They all fell a couple of times but no injuries or tears. They also ate plenty of sand. Hmm! Do you think sand has protein? If so they had enough to last them a week. (Heehehee!) When it was time to leave the girls DID not want to leave. So I filled a cup of sand and let them carry it to the car. They were okay with that idea. I told Tom and Brenda I enjoyed the day but most of all seeing those children in the sand was special. Thanks again for a wonderful memory filled day.




No comments: