Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Cookies






I decided I wanted to make Easter Cookies with the girls and invited Clay and Josh to join in the fun. They had a blast. I found this recipe on All Recipes for sugar cookies. It was great except I made it the day before and put it in the refrigerator, when we were ready to make the cookies the dough was a little dry and crumbled. Thanks to Gary we revived the dough by adding a little water and it softened up. Presley had flour all over her as well as Brooke. Clay and Josh were a little neater with their rolling of the dough. The cookies looked great for first time efforts and for their age. What do you think? I might have to make this a yearly fun time event. I think it would be fun to post it every year and see how they have improved. It was such a joy to watch them roll out the dough and put the icing and the sprinkles on their cookies. Presley loves "Prinkles," as she would say. She was very upset when I put the sprinkles up, can you say temper tantrum. That is exactly what she did. Rita informed me that she has figured out 3 1/2 is the age when things get better. Not that I want time to move fast but definitely bring on the better and easier days. It was a good family fun time had by all. I have more pictures to post but will post those tomorrow. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Been waiting all day for pictures and news of the cookie party! What fun they must have had. I WANNA cookie!! Haha ...