Friday, April 24, 2009

Building Blocks





I had to post this picture of the girls and I because I am rarely in the photo.


Brooke has really become a Mommy's girl. She has also become a little cuddle bug. She will crawl up into my lap and just hug on me. Oh, how I love those moments when I can just love on my children. I really hope they will always want to crawl up into my lap. Presley really doesn't have a favorite she chooses both mommy and daddy at different times. She has always wanted to cuddle. She has been better at her little fit throwing. Thank you God for giving me the knowledge to deal with her little personality. I have changed the way I say things to her and I think it has helped. I think we must have been butting heads. I have also been trying to praise more and use my manners when speaking to them and she has been much better. Whew! Praise the Lord!

I bought these nesting blocks for the girls and it is their new favorite toy. They have the Alphabet, nursery rhymes and numbers on them. We play several different games with the blocks. I usually will sing the Alphabet song when playing with them.
The other day I was singing and both Brooke and Presley started singing the alphabet with me. I was in shock, mouth dropped open because I didn't realize it was making that much of an impact on them. I know your thinking Duh! Dede but I was just so happy to hear them saying the alphabet. I will tell you I do use the flash cards and talk about the letters of the alphabet but most of the time we sing made up songs and dance around the house. We like to act silly and have fun. So that is why I seemed so surprised, oh and I guess the four days of school probably helps too. So I asked Mrs. Kari if they sing the alphabet song and she said, "yes." So I cannot take all the credit. She also asked me if they sing "Jesus Loves Me" at home and I told her we go to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) on Wed. mornings and let me tell you that really put a smile on my face because the girls love Bible Study and it really makes my heart happy to know they are learning about Jesus and loving it. If you have the chance to do BSF take advantage of it because it is so worth the time and what you learn as well as your childrens experiences and what could be better than getting closer to God in all aspects of your life. They take the summer off so I will have to keep at it for the summer. I have really enjoyed it but need to work on spending my quiet time with God everyday and not wait til the last day. I do know that when I do my attitude is so much better.
Well I am off to bed because I am tired.

1 comment:

Texassmile74 said...

Wow De De! I really cant believe how much they have grown! I remember the last time I saw them, they were throwing up all down my blouse! Wow, what an awesome mom you are! You can tell you've done a realy great job! Miss yall!