Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Swimming Fun






We have been swimming with the girls more so they are use to the water before their swimming lessons start next week. Brooke has become a pro with the life vest, she is able to float on her own. She won't even let me touch her. Presley on the other hand is a little clingy but is doing better. She takes no chances. But she does watch Brooke and you can tell she is thinking about things. She has always been my little thinker, she is like her daddy in that way. They love to swim. I will be so glad when they can swim on their own because I won't worry so much about the pool. It is harder this summer because they know how much fun the pool is and want to go in it more often. I tell them they have to wait until daddy gets home because I cannot do it by myself.
I went to Lifetime Fitness's pool today and they went in the toddler pool and they were so cute. Presley would say, "Mommy I'm swimming, mommy I'm kicking." She was walking along the pool with her hands and kicking her feet. I think she really believed she was swimming. Precious! We will probably live their this summer. It was perfect because I could do it by myself. Yea! I have found another fun thing for us to do.
I met Brenda at the gym and we worked out first and let the kids play in the nursery and then went to get them to swim. We decided next time we would not workout and just let them swim. But, after seeing all the skinny minny's at the pool I probably shouldn't skip my workout. My body is definitely not bathing suit ready but my kids had fun and that's all that matters. I guess it is more of an incentive to get my rear in shape.
I have been keeping the girls so busy and boy does it pay off because they go to bed so easy no playing or calling my name. They are so pooped out they fall asleep really fast. It gives me time to get more done and to blog.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I love Brooke's expression with her dadday. That is so cute. All of the photos are really good!! What a fun mom you are!!