







We had a great time at the Christmas Tea this year, each year it gets easier and easier. We walked in when Santa was walking in and it was a mistake because the girls needed to eat so I had to rush and get them some food. Yeah! Try getting two three year olds to eat something when they know Santa has arrived. It was a little rushed and crazy. But they ate a little something. They were in total awe when Santa was reading a book. The looks on their faces was so rewarding. It made me remember how excited I was to see Santa as a little girl. They then went upstairs to do a craft(bookmarks). It was even more crazy. My little independant girls wanted to do everthing by themselves which is usually fine with me but they were not the only ones doing the craft. I think they made two bookmarks each. It was so hard to get them back downstairs so they could sit in Santa's lap. They love doing any crafts and will do it for hours if I let them. Finally we went downstairs and I got Presley to sit in his lap and she was so consumed with the glue on her hands (we did wash them) that she didn't even really talk to Santa. Santa at one point even tried to help her get the glue off of her fingers. So we went to wash her hands once again. Brooke did great but she lounged on Santa. She laid back and got comfortable it was too funny. She told Santa what she wanted and was so proud. We then tried Presley again and she did okay but still didn't really talk to him but I guess all I cared about in the long run was the picture and we got one. Have I mentioned I am so tired by now chasing three year olds around a house heavily decorated for Christmas. I was exhausted and they were starting to get a little sassy and trying to go back upstairs and do more crafts. I was not wanting that at all because Brooke already had glue all over her. For those of you who don't know, Brooke uses her clothes as her napkin and she is messy. So, no I was not ready for more crafting. It was time to go. Santa was leaving and it was so cute Brooke watched out the door as he left and then Presley followed. I thought it was precious because I got the same picture last year of them watching Santa leave. Priceless in my eyes! I know it sounds like I didn't enjoy myself but I did because when my girls have a good time I enjoy watching them, it is just exhausting at this stage right now. So for the few people I was able to talk to It was great to see you and next year I will get to visit more because every year is a little easier. That's what people tell me?
No comments:
Post a Comment