Saturday, January 8, 2011

Skating Lessons














I am so proud of Brooke and Presley. We went to skate lessons today and they learned to skate without the walker. They even wore in-line skates and did great. For those of you who want to teach your kids this is what you tell them.
1. Hold your hands out in front of you.
2. Step side to side by picking one foot up at a time.
3. If you feel you are going to fall, bend your knees and place your hands on your knees.
4. If you do fall, get on all fours like  a dog and put one foot in front of you and then the other and stand up.
As we skated around the floor I would remind them of these four things and they were skating all by themselves. Now, they were not zooming around but they were skating. I was thrilled to see them accomplish skating. They have lessons every Saturday and we will be there until they are skating like champs. I am one happy mother today. I love seeing my children accomplishing new tasks. It puts a smile on my face and makes my heart happy!

No comments: