Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day




I am one lucky mother.
Thank You God.
We had a great mother's day until about 7:00pm. Brooke and Presley were playing on their see saw having a great time. They got off and then got back on and started rocking again and all of a sudden the darn thing tipped over. I didn't realize that Presley was in the middle and Brooke was on the end. I have gotten on to them for that because it will tip if that is the case. Presley landed on top of Brooke and they both started to cry. It wasn't a bad fall but I think it scared the sweet girls. Presley said her arm hurt. We made her move her wrist and fingers and she did but she wouldn't raise her arm. If we touched certain areas she would cry. So we decided to make a trip to Cook's Childrens. I took Presley and Gary stayed home with Brooke. We arrived and let me tell you they were busy. We got back fairly quick because she needed to be xrayed. The doctor viewed the xrays and said nothing was broken. He examined Presley again and said he thought it was "Nurse Maids Elbow." which means a ligament came out of place and wasn't covering the elbow. The doctor told me he was going to put it back in and she would probably cry. He did and she did cry but not for long because the doctor came back with a popsicle and she raised her arm to grab the popsicle. Yahoo! She was healed and we could go home. I was so proud of Presley because she did very well and she was so polite. She told the doctor, "Thank You" for the popsicle and she even told the xray technician, "Thank You" for the stickers she received after her xrays. I express those words often but you wonder if they get it but now I know because I heard it with my own ears and it makes me proud. We arrived home about 11:30 and I decided to keep her home the next day from school becuase I knew she would be tired. We had a mommy and Presley day. It was really special to spend one on one time with my little Sweet P. She sure is a little talker.
Presley mommy loves you very much and you are such a special little girl.

No comments: