Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Cherished Dinner










We get invited every year to a New Years dinner at the VanVoorhis home and it really means a lot to me. They are such a joy to be around and have always made me feel like family. I truly cherish the time I spend with them, although it isn't as often as I would like but appreciate any time I get with all of them. Carole is like a mom to me and Vic just makes me laugh. Chris has such a fun loving spirit and Cathy smiles and it feels like she wraps her arms around you. They are all one of a kind and I am so glad they let me be apart of their family.
The older kids were acting like dogs and the girls were walking them on leashes, they even had names for them it was precious to see all the kids playing together. It is getting so much easier with the girls they love to go and do. I really enjoyed sitting and visiting with everyone for once.
Vic is an avid Steelers fan and he fell asleep and Scott placed a sign on him that said I love the Cowboys! We had to take a picture to show him. It was hilarious!
I can't wait til he sees the picture.
The dinner was Pennsylvania Dutch and it is Pork and Sauerkraut. Every strand of kraut is suppose to bring you good luck. Bring on the luck because I love kraut and ate enough for a years worth of luck. The dinner was great as always. Thanks Carole for always including me and my family. I love being a part of traditions and this is a great one with a great family.

No comments: